Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow Day!

Happy Snowy Monday! Here is a picture of the weather from my balcony this morning:



And another one:


We don't get snow here in the Seattle area very often, so this is kind of a big deal. Pretty much all the school districts are closed for the day. I've already emailed my boss to tell him that I'm staying home for the morning, and I'll try to be in later. We are super busy at work, so this is NOT a good day for snow! And the forecasters are predicting more of it tonight. In fact, I think the stuff on the ground will freeze over tonight, so tomorrow might even be worse. Luckily (or unluckily, depending on how you look at it) I live only half a mile from my job. Technically, I could walk, but I don't really want to in this weather.

I know some who look at these pictures will scoff at the idea of schools closing for a couple inches of snow, but there are tons of hills around here, and since it only snows once or twice a year we really aren't prepared for it. One of my daughter's friends has already called this morning, inviting her over to play in the snow "because we don't have a yard." Unfortunately I would have to drive her there, about a mile or two away, and I don't really want to. But because I am a softy I said "we'll see how the roads look" in a couple of hours. I really hate driving in the snow. I grew up in California, and never even saw snow until I moved here 13 years ago!

In knitting news, I am still working on the sock pictured in my last post! I am down to the toe decrease, and am hoping to have some knitting time during the evenings this week. We love, love, love American Idol and I am so happy that it is back on because I will make an effort to have things done so I can sit down, knit, and watch my favorite show! I will post a picture of the sock once it is done.

Off to breakfast!

No comments: