Thursday, January 10, 2008

Promised Pictures!

So here are the pictures I promised - finally! The first picture is of the socks I started while in California during Christmas vacation. The yarn is Trekking XXL in colorway 134. I hate the fact that the yarn is just called a number. It should be something beautiful, like the yarn. The yarn looks like yummy ice cream sherbet to me! The pattern is a free pattern called "Simple Trekking Socks" I found here. I'm using size one bamboo needles. As you can see, I'm down to just past the heel turn. I really want to finish this sock and it's mate, so I can move on to one of the other 99 (just kidding, but only a little!) skeins of sock yarn I have.

Santa was good to me - I got both "Getting Started Knitting Socks" by Ann Budd and "Scarf Style" by Pam Allen for Christmas. My wonderful boss gave me a gift card to Borders, so in addition to those two books, I bought myself "Knitting New Scarves" by Lynn Barr. There are so many patterns in all three books I would like to try. The "Knitting New Scarves" book has some really interesting patterns in it. I don't like all of them, but I do like enough of them to have bought the book.




Last but not least, I just have to include this picture of some amaryllis plants my Dad gave me for my birthday. They arrived in early December, and have just recently started blooming. Absolutely incredible flowers! Happy Friday everyone!





No comments: