Saturday, September 22, 2007

I'm In!

Woo Hoo! I got my invitation to Ravelry yesterday. It was waiting when I got home from work. I had to bite my tongue when my daughter asked me to play a game with her last night. I wanted so badly to browse through Ravelry, but I patiently played a game of Scrabble first! But then......oh my gosh. That website is wonderful. I joined several groups, browsed through patterns, read some forums and basically just figured out what was up. Now I need to start adding my books & stash (oh, the stash!) to the site.

You would think I knit all the time with the enthusiasm I have for knitting, but alas, as a single mother I barely get any time to knit at all. I love to read he knitting blogs though, and do so often. Usually after my daughter goes to bed (and when I really should go to bed too) and I am too tired to knit. I try to get my knitting in after dinner but before she is in bed - we watch TV together and I knit. It doesn't happen every night, though - sometimes she needs homework help, or I have laundry to do or whatever.

Now I see that I have Ravelry to read after she goes to bed. Ha, ha h ha......(wicked laugh) I wonder if I can change her bedtime! Not likely!

No comments: