Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Aloha!

Well, I'm back. At least this time it's only been one month, instead of one year! A lot has happened in the last month. We spent 10 days in Hawaii. LOVED IT! The cruise was great - talk about good food and luxury living. Hawaii itself is just beautiful, although it was hot and muggy the entire time. Pretty much 90 degrees every day, and I was sweating with every hike. The air conditioning was much appreciated.
My favorite place was Kona. We got to see the sea turtles basking in the sun. Is this not the coolest thing? There were actually two turtles - I spent more time taking pictures of the turtles than actually looking at the place we were at. Which was a National Park called "The Place of Refuge" which I absolutely cannot say in Hawaiian. It was such a beautiful place, someday I really want to go back.
A big plus for Kona was the Kona Coffee! I actually spend $30 on a bag of pure Kona coffee. It's pretty good, although I'm not sure it is really worth $30. But I was there, so what the heck. I also bought some Kauai Coffee, and I am having some taste tests here at home!
So school is back in now, and my daughter is in 7th grade. It was the big switch from elementary school to junior high school - switching classes and all that. She is doing great - she is really a roll with the punches kind of girl. This picture is of her on the first day of school. I can't believe it was so cool and almost rainy that day. But we do live in the Pacific Northwest, so I guess I should be used to it. This summer really wan't that hot, and September has turned out to be rather cool. No shorts to school this year!

She is thrilled that I have finally finished the Harry Potter scarf. I was going to try & give it to her as a Christmas present, but I couldn't finish it while she was gone at camp this summer, so I just decided to work on it in front of her. I finished it tonight, and I am now starting on the House Hat beanie from Charmed Knits. This girl says she wants the scarf, beanie, gloves, socks, & belt all in Gryffyndor colors. I am already sick of knitting in maroon & gold!!! Sorry this picture is awful, I messed around with it on my computer but I still can't get it quite right. My friend took my "good" camera to Poland with her, and I am using an old digital camera. It really makes me appreciate my good one!
I already started the beanie - at least it shouldn't take me as long as the scarf. I am using a fairly cheap acrylic yarn for these projects - Bernat Satin. It is actully quite soft, and I think it will be good for things worn to school and probably quite easily lost. Also easy to wash!
Well, enough for tonight. We have to be at the bus stop before 7am now, so we are up very early. I don't like that aspect of school being back in at all!







No comments: