Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Yeah, I knit tonight! A whopping four rows, but still, it's progress. Still have to work on the pictures. Part of tonight was spent talking to people from our condo association, as there will be some demolition & reconstruction going on in my bathroom. Evidently the showers were built incorrectly, and water is escaping under the floor and into the walls. So they need to fix it. But at least I don't have to pay for it myself.

Lots going on this time of year. School activities, birthday parties, etc. People getting married, celebrations at work, on and on. I just want to be able to come home & work on my socks. Or the baby blanket I am making. I started it for a co-worker, but her baby is due in a couple of months and I know I won't be done with the blanket by then. For some reason I'm really focused on the socks. As much as I love the blanket pattern, and yarn color, I just don't want to knit it. So, I'll just work on it when I feel like it, and whoever has a girl baby first after I am done gets it. Hmmm, like a little contest! It is a beautiful rasberry colored yarn in a lace pattern. But I have to concentrate when I am knitting it - perhaps that is the reason I often don't want to. Not much time for concentration around here!

Enough for tonight. Tomorrow, hump day. Yippee!

No comments: