Saturday, August 09, 2008

Ravelympics, Day 1

So here is my progress for the first day of knitting in the Ravelympics:Pretty good for one evening of knitting for me. Even my daughter commented that I had "knit a lot, mom!" Could it be because I knit from 8pm until midnight? I think so! I even knit in between my turns of playing Parcheesi with my daughter. She didn't mind. She thinks it is hilarious that I entered the Ravelympics.

Although it was "legal" to cast on at 5am, which is when the Opening Ceremonies started in Beijing (8pm their time), I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed that early :} And I had to work all day, so I just cast on and knit away while watching the Opening Ceremonies on TV. Boy were they beautiful. The Chinese did a great job.

The pattern I'm using is called the Dublin Bay Socks, which is a free pattern from Mossy Cottage Knits. I'm finding it to be a perfect pattern for me - a little lacy insert up the side to keep my attention, but mostly stockinette for faster knitting. The yarn is Opal Neon, in color 1931. Love the colors.

I hope I can get a lot of knitting done today!

No comments: